Friday, November 22, 2013

No Time for Planned Perfection: Making "Dancing Sugarplums" soap!

The funny thing and I must say annoying thing about soaping is that though you plan everything out to the tee, it truly doesn't promise "everything" to turn out the way you plan. Even though it's unfortunate, it could actually be a good thing as well.

So, a few weeks ago I set out to create a fantastic new soap called "Lavender Breeze". Needless to say, once I added the colorant in a desperate attempt to create a beautiful lavender/purple hue, I achieved my goal. HOWEVER, nature, gravity or science took over and it turned out pink. **Birds Chirping**

How in the world do you go from purple to pink???


















In the picture above, it was actually a beautiful purple color. I put it in the oven shortly after taking this picture. I went through the normally "CPOP/Cold-process/Oven-process" method. I removed the soap from the oven and placed in on my table to complete it's gel phase and hardening. The next day, I removed the soap from the molds and low and behold it was pink.

















I had two choices once the bars came out as I explained on my Youtube cutting video...
1) If the color remains pink, I will then call it "Dancing Sugarplums". 
2) If it turns back to a purple color I will name it Lavender Breeze. 

Well, after 3 1/2 weeks of curing time, it's still pink. So, Dancing Sugarplums it is. I'm quite happy as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us on Google+